I feel very fortunate to be a teacher at Tawingo. It’s exciting to watch children discover their world by experiencing it. The time we spend everyday interacting with nature fosters curiousity, confidence, resilience, and kindness. The children learn to take care of themselves, each other, and their world.
Ms. Haycraft teaches our outdoor kindergarten program, teaches music to the K Pals, is the school nurse and teaches health to all of our students, KPal to Grade 8.
A bit about Ms. Haycraft:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from McMaster University
- Master of Arts in Child Study and Education from the Jackman Institute of Child Study, OISE/University of Toronto
- Registered Nurse
- Additional Qualification in Special Education, Part 1
- Level II Challenge Course Practitioner (ropes course and rock climbing instructor)
- Program Facilitator for Adventureworks! Associates (team building, climbing, and camping programs)
- Seven summers at Canterbury Hills Camp as a cabin leader, one-to-one support counsellor, staff supervisor, ropes course instructor, and camp nurse
- Three summers at Camp Oochigeas as the Head of Adventure (designing and delivering team building and climbing programs), and teaching outdoor skills to children affected by childhood cancer)
- Enthusiastic knitter, reader, and singer of children’s songs
- This is Ms. Haycraft’s 3rd year at Tawingo College