Over the years it has been exciting to find and develop educational opportunities that go beyond the grade level expectations. At Tawingo College we see students social development as equally important to their academics. We are building connections and relationships so that the students are equipped to deal with the Earth and each other.
Mr. Laughton teaches Grade 3/4 Core, Grades 1/2 and 5/6 Outdoor Ed.
A bit about Mr. Laughton:
- Honours Bachelor of Science, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Education, Queen’s University
- Additional Qualifications in Reading, Part 1
- Additional Qualifications in Math, Parts 1, 2, & 3 (Specialist)
- Additional Qualifications in Science, Part 1
- Additional Qualifications in Computers in the Classroom, Part 1
- Camp Tawingo experience – Leadership Coordinator, Campcraft and Nature Director, Waterfront, Section Director, Counsellor, Outdoor Centre staff
- Canoe trip leader
- Has volunteered in the community coaching various sports – soccer, hockey, and basketball
- This is Mr. L’s 22nd year at Tawingo College